In alignment with our essential services and programming, the Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle (ULMS) hosts and collaborates on a number of both virtual and in-person events, activities, and special occasions throughout the year. Here you’ll find information in regards to all upcoming ULMS hosted and/or sponsored events! Feel free to use the “search” bar to find specific events using key words. You can also search events by category. Click an event to view more information. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Credit Counseling Workshop
August 22 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Is your credit preventing you from obtaining a job, making a large purchase, or securing stable housing? This Credit Counseling workshop may be for you!
This is a free two-hour workshop to help you improve and understand your credit standing. Credit Counseling workshops are available for all ages and genders!
Participants can expect to be provided with the following information:
- Receive a copy of your credit report
- Learn how to read and understand your credit report
- Understand why a credit report is needed for financing and how it can effect your spending
- Learn what items impact your credit score rating and how to use them to your benefit
- Learn about the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act
- Find ways to improve your credit score